dork-dancing my way to musical enlightenment.

Friday 22 May 2009

Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours

OH MY DEAR SWEET BABY JESUS I CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO THIS RECORD.

appearing to steadily gain more popularity, cut copy have produced a record that has caused me to, on more than one occasion, mention them in the same breath as daft punk. i love daft punk.

i now also love cut copy. the track "hearts on fire" alone is worth buying/downloading/whatevering this album, which is one of the single most epic tracks i've had stuck on my playlist for over a month.

melodic, syncopated, synthicated, and far more fun than the 80s actually were, this is
easily accessible material produced by the trio from melbourne.

rarely do i recommend listening to an entire album, but this is an exception. that being said, my favourite tracks here are: "hearts on fire", "nobody lost, nobody found", "lights and music", "feel the love", "so haunted", and "strangers in the wind".

No comments:

Post a Comment